Tuesday, 31 March 2020
Tuesday Workbench 31 March
With the SS squad out of the way, I had to make a decision last week about what to paint next. There were several potential projects, but I decided to go for one which I had been somewhat dreading - a 28mm Wars of the Roses army for Art De La Guerre. Dreading? Well, just doing the chaps in plate armour, to be honest.
I did make a bit of a boo-boo initially - I decided to start with a batch of 24 figures. That was fine for things like the flesh, leather, wood and the small amount of cloth showing, but was too much for the metal. I also had a bit of a 'mare with washing and highlighting the plate and I'm not totally happy withe the end results.
I decided to switch to a smaller batch of eight figures next. That was much easier. I also switched how I did the plate armour. The results were much better, but still not quite right. It was also a bit of a waste doing the flesh, leather, wood and cloth on such a small batch.
I've just started the flesh on the next two batches of eight. I do have another batch of 6 figures for this board, but they are all in closed helms. I'll be doing the armour (trying a different wash scheme) in the smaller batches, then going back to do leather, wood and cloth on all three batches together.