About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 15 March 2020

AHPC X Day 86 - Sunday Workbench 15 March



Yes, that really is my workbench right now. I finished painting the Strontium Dog miniatures this morning, varnished them this afternoon and have submitted the post.

The problem is, they were the last of the figures I had planned to paint this year which leaves me in a bit of a quandary. As things stand, I have (even without including bonus points) exceed my points target. I have a few options:

1. Sit back and relax; don't paint anything else.
2. Dig through my drawers of stuff that's primed and find some small, quick projects to paint.
3. Dig through my drawers and select one of my larger projects to start painting.

I guess my best right now is to think on it overnight.

6 comments:

  1. Ah... for an empty workbench, Tamsin. Great output once again this year for the AHPC. Always an absolute pleasure to see your work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I woke up in your shoes I'd probably do option 3. Although I really liked option 2 but when then I saw 3 and I was like, heck, that sounds fun! Stay safe and paint on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, have a break! I just finished basing my 4 Russian battalions, and have undercoated my new Victrix Vikings! A small project that is easily finishable...so I say 2, but you are very wise sleeping on it and seeing where your heart leads you! Whatever you choose, post it and be made happy by all the impressed comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, do keep painting! Maybe make some terrain, and then paint it. I often do that for a break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being that far ahead, I would suggest doing something you really want to that has maybe been put off for other projects

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Simon - I'm sure there will be at least one more entry. I just need to make my mind up what to work on. :)

    @ Whisk - the problem with option 3 is that I'll want to take a bit of a break after the Challenge finishes this weekend. :)

    @ Herkybird - I think it will be option 2, the question is what? :)

    @ Slovak - it could well be some terrain. I've got a few 6mm, 10mm and 15mm buildings ready to go from last year's Challenge. :)

    @ Dave Stone - the trouble is that I have so many of those to choose from. :)

    ReplyDelete