About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 13 November 2019

Wednesday Workbench 13 November



As you can see, I've been making good progress with the third board of British paras - first batch done (apart from varnishing) and second batch started. I should finish the second batch on Friday leaving just one batch to do which (if all goes well) will be finished on Sunday. I can then varnish the whole lot on Monday.

Here's a slightly closer pic of the first batch:



Yes, I have painted tartan! It was actually less difficult than I'd expected, once I got past an initial mistake.

Once they are all done, I will switch to painting the lizardmen - they should be a quick paint job, but will act as a nice palate cleanser.

9 comments:

  1. Ah, painting tartan. Why do we do it to ourselves? Although you are right, once you get a system it is easier than expected. (But I'm not painting any more Napoleonic Highlanders in a hurry.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work Tamsin, the tartan is awesome, I am however looking forward to seeing the lizardmen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the subdued colours, they make the figures so much more realistic looking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, not sure that guy in the kilt would be jump safe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Tamsin coming along nicely.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ marinergrim - cheers! :)

    @ Michael A - thanks! :)

    @ Peter B - thankfully that was the only one, and I have no plans for painting highlanders so it should be the last! :)

    @ Dave Stone - cheers! The lizardmen might be along in a few days :)

    @ Ray - thanks! :)

    @ Herkybird - cheers! Subdued? Maybe it's just the lighting :)

    @ Paul SS - thanks! Just as well he was a glider pilot rather than a para then! :)

    @ Stuart S - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete