Having drybrushed the scrapheap base on Friday, yesterday I made up a dirty brown wash and applied it all over everything. This morning I realised that I made the wash a bit too dark (and maybe too densely pigmented) and I had to redo all the drybrushing. I also added tufts:
Once they were done, I spent a while cutting up nylon scourers for my hedge-making project. This is what I got from a 10-pack of large (15 x 23 cm) ones:
The strips on the left are shorter, the ones on the right are taller. I have enough here to do just over 10m of low hedges and 12m of tall ones. I actually have another two packs of scourers should I wish to make more.
Later this afternoon I will be gluing them onto tongue depressors. The next few days will see me shaping them a bit so that they don't look quite so neat and regular - I won't go too mad with them as they are just for the club, so will get abused a bit.
All the strips have now been glued onto tongue depressors. For the shorter (in height) ones, I had some short (length) strips left over, so I used those to make up some gapped hedges.
And in case anyone thinks that the lower boards aren't full:
Overall I have 79 of the short hedge strips and 83 of the taller ones.