About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 29 June 2019

Jeepers! Tanks for the hedges!

A busy day at the workbenches today. I started off by setting up outside (having determined that it was better to get that done before it got too warm) and priming the first batch of hedges:



Later this evening I'll add some basing gunk to them. Tomorrow, if all goes well, I'll drybrush the gunk and begin flocking them.

With that done, I cracked on and finished work on the Matilda and Jeeps:


Aussie Matilda II:









I know "Adonis" was a tank name in A squadron of the 1st Australian Armoured Regiment, but don't know if it was in 1 Troop.

Airborne Jeeps:









Now I just need to get the crew figures painted to put in them.


I've also been working on the Warbases terrain. Some of it is finished, but other items need a bit more work, so I'll save those until tomorrow when they should all be done.


12 comments:

  1. Fabulous work on both Matilda and Jeeps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hedges are already looking very effective Tamsin, and the tanks and jeeps are stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding work! Those Aussie vehicles exceeded even my expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good job on the jeep and Matilda! as on the hedges, all is very realistic!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hedges are chopped up pan scourers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Nick - thanks! :)

    @ Dave Stone - cheers! The hedges will look even better once I've added the flock :)

    @ Neil - thanks! :)

    @ Herkybird - Cheers! I went slightly "dustier" on this Matilda than I did for the previous three :)

    @ L'Empereur - merci! :)

    @ David M - yup. These were some heavy duty scourers I got from work a while ago - larger and thicker (23 x 15 x 1 cm) than the ones you normally find in the shops. I managed to acquire three packs of 10; what you see in the pic above is about half a pack :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work Tamsin... welcome to need more hedges club

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those vehicles are amazing. Spot on.
    And the sheer length of hedge there is some serious dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Dave D - cheers! These hedges are for my club rather than me, but I will be doing some for myself later :)

    @ Mike C - thanks! There's about 40 foot of hedges there and I've got another 40 foot waiting in the wings :)

    @ J Womack - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously.. those vehicles are some of the best work I think you've done.. the Matilda is a cracker!

    ReplyDelete