I did put an oil wash on the remaining Star Destroyers but managed to thin the paint too much which caused the pigments to separate out. That left a fairly bright blue in the recesses so I've soaked them in white spirit and scrubbed them with a toothbrush to remove as much as possible. I then washed them in soapy water to get rid of the white spirit. I'll try again with a thin black oil wash this week. I also took a look on Shapeways to see if anybody had made suitably sized TIE fighters and found some - I've ordered a couple of packs of TIE fighters and Interceptors.
I did play another game of ADLG on Thursday and suffered a big defeat against a Feudal English army led by Eddy the Oneth. My own tactical stupidity was as much to blame as my poor luck rolling for arrival of my flank march - the cavalry did arrive, but not in time to engage the enemy before my infantry were destroyed. I will write up an AAR this week, and one for the game against the Samurai which I meant to write up last week.
Discussing the game with my opponent afterwards convinced me that I should sort myself out with a Ming Chinese allied contingent. I've placed a small order for the figures I need this afternoon, and a pack of Korean spearmen to make up a couple of "pikemen" bases for ADLG.
At work this week I was helping with the clearout of a lab where the main researcher has moved to a new job in Germany. I spotted that they had some plastic aquarium plants which were destined for the bin, so I
This afternoon I made a start on painting the combined grenadiers for my SYW Russians. I should finish them this week.
I should get these painted along with the dragoons by next weekend as I'm on leave this week. Then I might finally get around to the command groups I promised to the others in the SYW side duel during the last Challenge.