About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 16 September 2017

Finished: SYW Russian Dragoons and Combined Grenadiers

Well, this week I finally got around to gunking, drybrushing and flocking the bases of the combined grenadiers and dragoons this week. That means time for decent piccies:




Combined Grenadiers





No flags this time as the officers and men were drawn from the grenadier companies of the line regiments.


Nizegorodskiy Dragoons





With this regiment done, that is (finally) all of the Russian cavalry regiments painted that took part in the Seven Years War. If I do add any further cavalry, it will be more Cossacks.


I do still have another 13 line infantry regiments to paint, but I think I'll take a fairly long break from this army before tackling them. and another long break before tackling the Observation Corps.

16 comments:

  1. They are lovely, I really like the cavalry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look terrific. Great job, Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracking looking troops Tamsin. Love the flag too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking looking troops Tamsin. Love the flag too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic body of men.
    But can they fight??? :-)
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely work. really like the dragoons

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used my 7YW Russians today, I hope yours fight as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice but that's still one hell of a load to paint up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look great Tamsin especially the cavalry.

    Best
    Willie

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Norm - cheers!

    @ Jerry - thanks! :)

    @ Ray - cheers! :)

    @ Stu - thanks! We'll have to wait and see how they perform :)

    @ Neil - cheers! :)

    @ Herkybird - so I saw. I hope so too! :)

    @ Dannoc - thanks! It is a lot left to do (about the same again for the infantry if I do Observation Corps as well) which is why I'll be taking a long break before adding any more :)

    @ Willie - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb, love these impressive combined grenadiers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi "Mythical Beast", you've found a new belgian fan! Your painting job is tremendously impressive, amazing result. I'd like to know the size of your SYW infantry and cavalry bases, 30 x 30 mm?
    Cheers
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard! Yes, the bases are 30x30 mm, which is the basing convention for King of the Battlefield.

      Delete
  13. Russian or not Russian?! ;)
    Hi Tamsin, your Russian hussars wear fur cap but, if I'm not wrong, the Essex SYW Russian wear mirliton. Did you paint Prussian (or others?) as Russian?
    Cheers,
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Richard,
      You are absolutely right - for the Russian hussars in busby/kopak I had to resort to non-Russians. I seem to recall using Prussian and Austrian hussars from Essex; I'm pretty sure I mixed the two for the Novoserbskiy and Slavianoserbskiy regiments, but used one or the other for the rest of the non-mirliton-wearing hussar regiments. I only did two of the mirliton-wearing regiments as the other two didn't fight in the SYW.
      Hope that helps,
      Tamsin

      Delete
  14. Hi Tamsin,
    Thanks for the highly accurate answer.
    I'm wondering if the ESSEX 1806 Prussian hussars in colpack could do the job for syw hussars?
    https://www.essexminiatures.co.uk/collections/new-prussian-napoleonics/products/nuppn58
    Did you paint some?
    By the way, Prussian hussar no longer wear colpack in 1806!!!
    Cheers,
    Richard

    ReplyDelete