About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 30 December 2016

AHPC7 - Challenge Day 11

I've had quite a busy and productive day working on the Nubians. This morning I painted the hair colours:




Most got a basecoat of 1:1 Dark Greyblue/Black, but a few got Red Leather or Ochre Brown to represent warriors who'd rubbed clay into their hair. It looks a bit bright in the pics above, but the wash would dull that down.

Then applied the wash - I went with a 3:1 mix of Black and Burnt Umber. Those two steps took me the best part of 3 hours, but there were 224 figures to do.




With those two steps out of the way, it was time to split them into smaller groups for painting, mostly by figure pose or type:


Command and slaves; some archers

The rest of the archers

Melee troops
I decided to make a start on the command figures and have managed to get a decent way through them - they should be finished tomorrow:






7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the visit and here's to a killer good 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's coming together really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a fantastic looking army. I can tell already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Whisk - and a happy New Year to you m'dear :)

    @ Geordie - not that epic! ;)

    @ Millsy - cheers! :)

    @ Michael A - thank you m'Lord :)

    @ Dannoc - I just hope it all looks as good as I hope when it's done :)

    @ David C - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete