After months of anticipation and trepidation, the 6th Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge kicked off at 6am GMT this morning. Naturally, I wasn't up at that silly hour and didn't start my campaign until about 11am.
My grand plan was to get a figure painted and submitted today. So, naturally instead of setting to with that I instead decided to paint the grey uniform basecoat on my 6mm Confederate infantry. As you can see from the following pics (taken when I was about two thirds of the way through) there are a few of these...
Of course, then I decided to add the grey ballast to the bases of my Koreans. Previously I've used superglue to fix the ballast but I decided to try Copydex instead this time. It was so much easier and much less hazardous. Once that glue had dried I gave them a coat of 50% PVA to help seal the ballast before painting. Tomorrow I've booked the day off work (I had a day left that I had to take before Christmas) so I'll be getting out the airbrush and priming them.
After taking a bit of a break, I finally got around to painting my figure for submission today. I was trying a new technique to me and it worked very nicely but was a lot of effort - I don't think I'll be doing many more like that. Anyway, I got the figure finished and my first entry has been submitted - I'm just waiting for the Snowlord to adjudicate and post it.
By the way, I haven't mentioned it on the blog before, but I'm going to be helping out Curt with the adjudicating this year - I'll be looking after all the participants who have been assigned Tuesday as their usual submission day.