Saturday, 23 May 2015
When I got home from work yesterday my bits order from Brigade Models was waiting for me. Sadly for me, that meant I couldn't procrastinate and prevaricate about modding some 3X cars for Car Wars so one of the Wilko cars went into the small tub of nail polish remover for paint stripping. Just the one for now to test things out.
It was at that point that I realised I hadn't placed a couple of other small orders that I'd planned, so a quick trip to Warbases and GZG was in order last night, while the acetone did its job.
This morning I gave the car a good scrubbing with an old toothbrush to remove the paint. As you'll see in the pics a bit further down, there are still traces of paint between panels, but not enough to worry about. After a quick rinse in hot water, I left it to dry and went out shopping.
"Hang on - did she say shopping? I bet she ended up buying more toy cars and stuff!"
Errmm, well, you see - it's a fair cop guv'nor!
Oh, and I might have ordered a few trucks off Ebay and Amazon as well...
But, yes, back to the workbench stuff.
Taking a look at the car, I decided on what weapons to fit it out with and set about drilling holes for them to poke through or fit into. I then had to fit them which entailed a certain amount of trimming with my sprue cutters. Once I was happy with the fit, I superglued them in place. I also glued the wheel axles to the chassis and the wheels to the axles.
Later this afternoon or this evening I will get out the spray booth and airbrush and prime the car. While the primer is drying I'll be going over the "yellow" 1:200 cars with white, then yellow as the yellow seems to have turned green over the grey primer.