Just a brief update today.
On Monday evening I played my fourth and final game in the club's ADLG tournament. Once again I sent one corps on a flank march, thinking that the odds were in my favour of it coming on successfully and early after last Monday's debacle. It didn't come on and I lost. I did take some pics and will try to write up an AAR of the game this weekend.
Today I took the sprues of architect's model cars to work to spray them with grey primer. I also primed the 5" x 4" scored ABS plastic for the bases, then gave it another spray with textured grey paint.
This evening I got out the spray booth and airbrush and basecoated the cars. I knew there was a good reason to keep them on the sprues - it made it easy for me to do one colour per sprue (blue, red, green, yellow).
Since taking these pics I have drybrushed the ABS basing and given it a black wash. When it's dry, I'll cut the basing into strips. I'll paint the wheels and bumpers of the cars before gluing them onto the base strips. The rest of the detail painting can be done when they have been mounted and finally they can be cut into individual car bases.
I have placed an order with Brigade Models for some small 15mm turrets and weapons to customise the 1:64 diecast cars. I've also emailed an enquiry to Old Crow about ordering some turrets from their 6mm range and weapons from their 15mm range - I don't expect to hear from Jez for a while as his day-job is keeping him occupied.