Well, I did get a bit more done on the armoured lancers, although not as much as I'd hoped (I got up late and had some chores to do). Touch up, detailing and brown-wash are done. Gloss varnish and basing will have to wait until tomorrow.
While I was letting the paint dry before doing the wash step, I did do a bit of prep-work on the "other cavalry" (Bow*/Light Spear cavalry). As the vast majority (39 out of 48) of these are mounted on horses without barding, it means I'll actually have to do decent horse painting. I've decided that I'll try to base it off the technique shown on Simon MacDowall's website but with the riders attached (I'll work around them).
So, all of the horses and riders have received a thin coating of white over the grey gesso primer and will get a quick brown-wash tomorrow while I wait for the gloss varnish on the lancers to dry.
In the meantime, to keep your salivary glands functioning, a couple of pics of the lancers:
En masse, 3 BGs:
And the same BG as yesterday:
I think I've finally found the right lighting set up and camera settings!!!!!!