I guess I should have realised something was up last night - I'd dozed off while watching TV at one point and had some trouble getting to sleep. Well, when I woke up this morning my sinuses were clogged, my throat was rough as ****, my body didn't want to move and I was feeling wiped out. Yup - I've got a heavy cold. After taking some cold medicine and having a hot drink I crawled back into bed for a couple of hours.
When I got up properly, I realised there was no way that I would be able to do anything requiring more than a little concentration - no minis painting today. Instead I focused on doing little bits that needed doing:
- added texture mix to bases of the armoured lancers I'd just finished
- painted some more bases up ready for figures to be glued on
- glued the horses for my light horse and command groups to painting sticks; super-glued riders to horses, lances through hands and dragon standards to lances
- glued camp followers and camp paraphernalia to painting sticks (some super-gluing of cooking fire bits)
- primed everything that hadn't been primed yet
Anyway, that's more than enough verbiage from me - here's the piccies!
Everything that is not yet complete:
The armoured lancers en masse:
The stuff that gt stuck on sticks and primed today:
the "Other Cavalry" - primed, "whitewashed" and brown magic-washed:
The bad boys above are next up for painting - aaaahhhh! Horses! Lots of them!!
*glugs whisky to dull the horror*
Tomorrow's "To Do" List:
horsey basecoats and washes
bridles, reins and other horse tack (if time)