About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 21 January 2018

Sunday Workbench 21 January



I've had a rather productive weekend. After finishing the heavy infantry on Friday I made a small start on the next unit (base layer of the coat colour) then carried on yesterday and managed to finish painting them (including the Klear/ink coat). As I still had a bit of painting time left, I decided to make a small start on the next unit - just the coat colour base layer again. Alongside all of that I also managed to prep a bunch of figures.

I started today by varnishing the unit I'd finished on Saturday, popping them off their painting sticks and gluing them onto bases. I also got the figures I'd prepped stuck onto paitning sticks to await priming.

This afternoon and early evening have been spent doing the basing on Saturday's finished unit and carrying on with painting the next unit (which is very nearly finished - eek!).

I'll be finishing off the basing of the first unit tomorrow and will post pics. I should manage to finish painting the second unit tomorrow but varnishing and basing will take up Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, so it will be a couple of days before you get pics of them. I'm guessing that Thursday will be spent priming the prepped figures and cleaning my airbrush and brushes, before I begin painting on the next batch of figures on Friday.

4 comments:

  1. I am off this week, so thanks for the encouragement to get some painting in! I could never match your painting rate, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are motoring on. Congratulations on your output. Is the completion of this army now in sight? Are you beginning to think what's next or does that way lead to madness?

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff. You're being far more productive sans Challenge than I am doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Herkybird - glad to have given you a nudge towards the paint table :)

    @ Duke of Baylen - thanks! The end of this army is very nearly in sight now - just a few more units to paint. I do have plenty of other projects lined up for when the Ming are done and dusted :)

    @ Millsy - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete