About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 19 January 2018

Finished: 15mm Ming Chinese Heavy Infantry Unit #1



And another unit for my Ming Chinese army rolls off the paint table! This time it is a unit of heavy infantry (or armoured medium foot for FoGR). As these will be more of a guard/elite unit, I opted to give them a somewhat more flashy colour scheme for their robes.






The next units I'll be working on are two more spear & bow units, to be followed by another heavy foot unit, before I move onto the heavy cavalry.

The various extra packs that I was waiting for arrived on Tuesday and I've been working away to get them prepped. The bases I was running short of also came in on Tuesday.

7 comments:

  1. Another very fine unit and the flag looks really finishes it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found this site on Ming heavies: http://dragonsarmory.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/ming-troopers.html
    I was wondering if the headgear on your figures are not hats?
    I am sure though it doesn't matter, they look mean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, your expanding Ming army makes me rue the lack of options in 28mm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and colorful figures, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Ray - cheers! :)

    @ Dannoc - thanks! :)

    @ Herkybird - cheers! And thanks for the link - hadn't come across that page before. They are helmets rather than hats, although I guess they could have been painted in some colour, but I decided to leave them as bare metal :)

    @ Dartfrog - thanks! :)
    I didn't realise there isn't much availability for Ming in 28mm - that's a bit of a pain for your project :(

    @ Neil - cheers! :)

    @ Phil - merci! :)

    ReplyDelete