About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 30 April 2017

Sunday Update

You'll be glad to hear that the lack of posts since last Saturday is not a case of post-Salute funk; I simply didn't have anything in particular to show off or write about until today. Largely because I've been busy reading most evenings.

However, I haven't been completely idle on the hobby front. I've been prepping some of the figures I'd bought at Salute - the various SYW commanders from Eureka and the Essex grenadiers and dragoons for my SYW Russians. If you're wondering about the grenadiers, they will be for combined grenadier battalions which means that I don't have to paint flags!

Today I've spent a bit of time with the airbrush, priming the Sea Peoples army. That took me three sessions and I was worried that I was going to run out of the light grey primer - luckily I had enough in the bottle.


Chariots, ox-cart and foot command

Medium/light foot 

Heavy/medium foot

Somehow, when I was planning my purchases for the army I slightly miscalculated how many packs I would need. I'd forgotten about the foot command figures so I've actually got more figures than I actually need, although it will allow me to represent the retinue warriors as both heavy foot and medium foot. And do a few extra bases of medium foot javelinmen in case I want to use the army as Philistines.

Not much more to report today. I will try to get some painting done this week, but haven't decided what it will be just yet. And then painting will have to take a break for a week or so as my flat will be in chaos - I'm having all my windows replaced.


Update to the update:

I've done a bit more this evening - gluing SYW casualty figures and dice frames onto bases:


They'll get primed tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I'm getting excited - sea peoples are on the move. Looking forward to progress reports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The national health service is now wondering where all of its tongue depressors have gone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must get myself an airbrush if it makes you that productive.

    ReplyDelete