Anyway, here are the nearly-finished pieces:
|Steep hill and gentle hills|
|Fields and plantations|
|Sand dunes and gully|
|Scrub and village bases|
This afternoon I've been making tufts to add to them. I started off doing 2mm tufts on some A6 pieces of two potential backing materials - the backing sheets from adhesive flexometal that I use to line boxes for troop storage and glossy photo paper (12 x A4 sheets from the pound shop). Then I did some mixed 2mm/4mm tufts on the foil backed parchment that I've been using.
|Bottom left = flexometal backing; Bottom right = glossy photo paper|
After letting them settle for a bit I did a small sheet of 4mm tufts on the foil-parchment:
Provided the tufts on the test backings peel off easily,
Tomorrow afternoon (and into the evening), I'll be at the club for a big game of King of the Battlefield - all those Russians I painted up during the Challenge will get their first blooding!