I skipped doing any painting on Friday evening because I was feeling wiped out. Instead I had a good session yesterday, which saw me finish painting them and getting them varnished. So, that was Day Three. For Day Four all I've done is take them off the painting sticks and glue them onto their bases.
As you seem to like WIP pics, here's a few of them now that they're stuck onto their bases:
These are the Kazanskiy and Novotroitskiy regiments, which were converted to cuirassiers from dragoons. Although it isn't known exactly when they were issued with cuirassier uniforms and equipment I ended up painting them to show that they had. For a while I had toyed with the idea of painting them both with a mix of cuirassier and dragoon uniforms and equipment but abandoned that idea for simplicity.
Both regiments had the same flags, so to help with identification you will notice that I have placed the ensigns on different sides of the command base. To further help I've also done this:
I'm going to be doing this for all the Russians, which does mean a little bit of work is going to be required.
With these done, I've just got the six generals to paint which should be a fairly quick job, then I can do the basing for all of this batch, hopefully before next weekend.