Well, I didn't get quite as far with the painting yesterday as I'd hoped, but I managed to finish them this evening. Including the varnish:
I'll be popping them off the painting sticks tomorrow evening (I know from the grenadiers that I'll have to let them soak in a shallow bath of warm water to loosen the PVA first). Once they're dried off, I'll be sticking them onto bases with superglue. The basing gunk will probably have to wait until Wednesday evening, then drybrushing and flocking on Thursday.
I'm actually going to have 6 figures left over from this batch, but I have a plan for them. It's actually the exact number I'll need for it, which is very handy.