In other news:
1. I've finished prepping all of the gangster figures. That just leaves the Blue Moon vehicles to prep.
2. The loading bay doors of the warehouse have almost fully dried now. I've glued the pieces correctly this time and I'll leave them clamped until the MDF is completely dry before gluing the support pieces (which allow you to have the doors open or closed).
I did get some work done on the Corner Store on Sunday as well as hitting the spray cans. That turned out to be a bit of a mistake. I discovered after spraying that they were enamel. They also turn out to be gloss. Oh well, lesson learned - don't buy those again. It did mean that I needed to go over the gloss with some matt white brush-on paint to provide a suitable base for colouring. I also used my old, el-cheapo external mix airbrush to spray white primer on the removable floor layout of the warehouse.
While I was waiting for the enamel to dry, I had one of those silly thoughts and decided to try it. The thought was to try using inks for colouring the MDF. I chose the base of the Corner Store to do some test patches and find out how the colour works on bare MDF. I also tried this on some painted MDF. I did patches of undiluted ink and with it diluted 1:1 with 10% flow aid.
I will be going over this with a matt spray!
I also tried some mixes to find a suitable colour for the brickwork.
Most of the inks provide good colouring, even when diluted. They also provide pretty good coverage by volume.
Last night I did the matt white painting on the window/door panels and inked the areas of the inner walls of the corner store which aren't covered by those panels.
The steps and railings aren't glued on yet.
I've used plastic putty to fill in the gaps on the angled joints.
You can just see some test patches for brickwork colours.