Well, I did say in my last post that the cuirassiers were finished and I was just waiting to matt-spray them and do the flocking and tufting. I actually managed to get that done today.
I've also finished painting and have based the artillery and pike & shot figures I was working on. I might be lucky (and brave) and do the matt-spray this evening and perhaps even the flocking and tufting on those as well. If I do manage to get them finished before lunchtime tomorrow, I'll post pics of them as well.
So, without further ado, here are the cuirassiers:
These are the 5th and 6th cuirassier regiments for my 30YW army. I've worked out that the only way I'd be able to field all 6 regiments is as part of a 900 point army, due to the minima for other troop types.
So, what's next?
25/28mm Ronin for Curt
As the "entry fee" for the Analogue Painting Challenge, each participant has to paint up a samurai figure for Curt. I've started work on mine - a 1980s Citadel samurai figure. the figure was primed with Vallejo white polyurethane primer, washed with thinned black paint (to provide deep shading in the folds and recesses) then dry-brushed with off-white. Metals and the hair were given a basecoat of black.
I've done the first coats all over using thinned colours. jacket, trousers, boots hair and flesh have received their second coat as well.
= 5 Challenge Points
15mm 30YW "Croat" Light Horse
24 figures as my first unit entry into the Challenge. I'll be starting these later in the week. Expect to see a very brightly coloured bunch of horsemen.
= 96 Challenge Points
The Remainder of my 30YW Leadpile
32 casualty figures; 24 late war horse; 6 limbers and teams; 6 mounted standard bearers. All of these need to be prepped first - probably a job for between Christmas and my return to work next Wednesday. As these are historicals, they'll count towards the challenge.
= 232 Challenge Points
Unfortunately I can't post pics of these until after they've been posted on Curt's blog so it may be a while before you get to see anything.