About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 14 February 2020

AHPC X Day 56 - Friday Update 14 February


I ended up taking a day off from painting yesterday as I was out for most of the morning and a good chunk of the afternoon. I'd also managed to strain a muscle near my right armpit while coughing.

Luckily the muscle strain had eased off by this morning so I was able to paint. My productivity has also been helped by not have many Challenge posts to "minion".

First off I added final flesh highlights to all the figures, then sorted them into groups for the next steps - painting cloth, furs, skins and leather. The cloth (apart from Khaki on a handful of figures) has been highlighted; the furs, skins and leather have only had basecoats done so far.


Tomorrow I'll be applying washes to furs/skins/leather as job #1. After that it is probably basecoats for the metals, then hair, then wood. Provided I don't get too distracted, I should get all the painting finished this weekend, but will almost certainly have to do the varnishing and basing on Monday.


6 comments:

  1. Your general staff like approach to painting is quite impressive I have to admit. I couldn’t even stand the thought of painting just skin tones on that many figures. And yet both your quality and quantity speak for your method.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Moiteri, I get half finished on a block of figures, and start looking at others!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those figures are great! 😎
    And you make them excellent! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Nick - thanks! I must admit that it was rather painful doing so much skin on so many figures, but it was the best way to approach this project. :)

    @ Herkybird - I'll definitely be hitting a much smaller project after these as a break before I move onto the mounted contingent! :)

    @ L'Empereur - merci! :)

    @ Dave stone - cheers! :)

    @ Michael A - it certainly is! :)

    ReplyDelete