About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 8 April 2019

Salute 2019 - The Games Pt3

Almost there! This is the third post of the Salute 2019 games. In case you have missed the first two posts:

Part 1

Part 2


Jersey Privateers - Lego Flash Gordon






Old Guard - 28mm Napoleonics




GCT Studios - Bushido



Plastic Soldier Company - Red Alert! and Battle Ravens






Funky Skull Games - Street Wars




Too Fat Lardies - Malaya 1942 Big Chain of Command






Spirit of the Game - 40m Wild West game





Wargames Illustrated - Catch The Pigeon!





Loughton Strike Force - Ligny 1815





Peterborough Wargames Club - Bloody Omaha




The Friends of General Haig - Lutzen 1632




(not sure who) - Achtung! Cthulhu





Modiphius Entertainment - Fallout: Wasteland Warfare




Wartorn Games - M.E.E.P.L.E. Force




Great Escape Games - Seven Days To The River Rhine



Thors Hammer Gaming Club - Batman game



Tunbridge Wells Wargames Society - Battle of Britain



Lance & Longbow Society - Battle of Bauge 1421




Rafael Fonseca & Friends - what if? SYW Battle



 Continental Wars Society - Battle of Pastrengo 1848




Reverence Games - Last Living Soul



Maidstone Wargames Society - aerial combat in the 100 hours war (El Salvador vs Honduras)





Sons of Simon de Montfort - Some Worlds Are Best Left Alone (WH40K)



Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare - Thud and Blunder




Gringo 40s - French and allies vs black flags 


 Sorry Pete and Helen - I was so caught up in taking pics that I didn't spot you standing there!





Kallistra/Wyvern Wargames - Battle of Mohl 1241 (Mongol invasion of Hungary)




West Wind Productions - 15mm ancients




Essex Warriors - Gaslands




Hornchurch Wargames Club - 15mm WW2 using Battlegroup rules



(not sure - Dark Sphere?) - X Wing



Dark Sphere - The Warping of Reality and Mushroom to Play






Frothers - Escape From Brexit





(not sure who) - Burrows & Badgers




Random Platypus Forum - gang fighting in the streets





Wait, What? & Friends - death match



Well, I hope you've enjoyed all the pics. I don't think I missed any games (other than those in trade stands) and I'm pretty sure I got the organisers right.

18 comments:

  1. Good God woman, you should have been a photo journalist. An interesting set of games. Escape from Brexit is very appropriate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you are exhausted after that marathon posting event. It was nice meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job in catching all of the games; the most comprehensive set of pictures that I have seen. I missed so many. I completely missed Dan Mersey's board game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pleased you got to see all those games, I bet your blog is the only one to get everyone! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for three excellent posts and all the work that went into them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almost as good as being there oneself! But less noisy I assume.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visit Tamsin!
    Never been there... We must go!
    May be next year!
    Very interestering to compare Salute report from differente visitor... everyone have his onw point of view!
    :-)
    A question... Is the yellow bus with ...REXIT write on is living Englancd by the ferry?
    Ok We =>

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Martin C - thanks! :)

    @ Khusru - it was quite knackering getting pics of all the games before the bloggers meetup. Nice to meet you too :)

    @ Friends of General Haig - thanks! Most years I manage to miss games, but this year I went round with floorplan in hand and set myself the task of taking pics before I could do anything else. It wasn't easy :)

    @ Herkybird - cheers! that may well be the case - I haven't seen any with pics of all the games :)

    @ Legatus - thanks! :)

    @ Norm - cheers! :)

    @ Aquahog - thanks! It was (as always) very noisy! :)

    @ Brendon - you're welcome! :)

    @ L'Empereur - merci! It's worth visiting at least once. As for the Brexit bus, it looks that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very enjoyable part 3 of the games. Thanks mate

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Random Platypus Forum" is the best club name ever.
    thanks for these photos, Tamsin. Great to see the same games from different POVs. There were some real crackers there. I hope to get over the ocean to Salute one year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot, just like a virtual tour for those of us that did not get to visit this time. Great work! I have only been there once, many years ago, as I recall it was very crowded and busy, but also very athmospheric (certainly for us poor continentals, who are not exactly spoiled for choice- the excellent Crisis in Antwerp excepted). Maybe next year, your inspiring and vey well-organized report series certainly has whetted the appetite! :-).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tamsin, great photos. The Burrows and Badgers was also (I believe) a random platypus game.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the pics Wargaming Girl. I love game pics from conventions, which we don't have any of in the Chuhuahuan desert.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A pic for every game - wow, that's a bonkers amount of work. Thanks for this Tamsin, what a great photojournal of the day.

    ReplyDelete