About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 8 April 2019

Salute 2019 - The Games Pt2

Hopefully you enjoyed yesterday's pics of games at Salute. Now for the second post (there will be a third post tonight).


Society of Ancients - Battle of Harzhon (c235AD)




South London Warlords - Pilum v Pike using Sword & Spear rules




South London Warlords - Moonbase





Wargamer Poland - By Fire and Sword
 



Ardhammer - 2nd Sino-Japanese War 1937





Wargamer Collection Calculator - Little Big Horn





WAB Revival - Macedonians vs Chinese






Whitehall Warlords - Helmand province 2009





Marquee Models - Shadespire
 



Scimitar Wargames - 6 days war fight in Jerusalem using Fate of a Nation rules






University of Edinburgh & Supreme Littleness Designs 



I had a good chat with one of the uni guys about this game. The model is an MDF kit based on the keep of Byblos castle.









Bexley Reapers Wargaming Club - Back To The Future?






South London Warlords - Necromunda



Anvil Industry - Afterlife



Pendraken - demo of Blitzkrieg Commander v4



Mantic Games - Hellboy and Star Saga




Donnington/Ancient & Modern Army Supplies - Mortem et Gloriam




Slow Death Games - Wild In The Streets


One of the chaps demoing the game spotted my Damned T-shirt and pointed out that the leader of the Goth gang was none other than Dave Vanian:




War Banner* Dark Peak Games** Footsore Miniatures and Games - Mortal Gods



...plus a table for Gangs of Rome


*the Evil Empire of Nottingham, UK issued a cease & desist letter as "War Banner" could easily be confused with "Warhammer", so they changed their name to Dark Peak Games
**Peak Games then issued a cease & desist letter...


Wigmore Warriors - France 1944 using Iron Cross rules




Naval Wargames Society - Stingray!





Leicester Phat Cats - cannibal mutants vs survivors




4Ground - Fabled Realms and World War Zero 





Osprey Publishing - Gaslands




Oathsworn Miniatures - Burrows & Badgers



Mierce Miniatures - Darklands




Twilight Miniatures 




Gravesend Gamers Guild - ECW skirmish





Southbourne Tabletop and Boardgamers - WW2 skirmish



That's it for the second post of games -

5 comments:

  1. Some excellent pictures of lots of games I missed. think the Moonbase was my favourite, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. Many games don't seem to be covered on other blogs. So it is very nice to see them. Some games I would like to know more about. So I guess I need to do a deeper internet search. (But thank to you I have a start)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent pics. I missed so many of these !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Legatus - thanks! I'm still not sure which game was my favourite :)

    @ Clint - cheers! I got pics of all of the tables by being very strict with following the floorplan, but it was hard work - not sure I'll repeat it next year :)

    @ Ray - thanks! :)

    @ Carl - cheers! It's so easy to miss games at Salute :)

    ReplyDelete