About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 7 April 2019

Salute 2019 - The Games Pt1

I've finally got all of the pics I took resized for the blog. There are so many of them that I will be splitting them over two or three rather long, pic-heavy posts. I am pretty sure that I got pics (sometimes a little fuzzy) of all of the games, except for any which were on traders' stands.

All the games in these posts will be in the order they appear on the Salute floorplan.


Real Time Wargames - 10mm action on the North-West Frontier




Oshiro Model Terrain - 28mm gothic horror





Spectre Miniatures - Spectre Operations




DMB Games - Rosebyrne 



Simon Miller - To The Strongest - Boudicca vs Romans






Warlord Games - Black Seas and Cruel Seas





Wordforge Games - Post-Apocalyptic battles





Crawley Wargames Club - Aztecs vs Conquistadores




Fourth Quarter Miniatures - American Football game




 RAF Wargames Association - Stargate




Wings of Glory Aerodrome - funnily enough, Wings of Glory!




Dalauppror - Battle of Danholm 1807 using Rebels & Patriots rules






Tin Soldiers of Antwerp - battle between Belgian rebels and Dutch in Brussels





Shadow Warriors - Tripods and Triplanes




Gentlemen's Wargames Parlour - A Very British Civil War



(not sure who) - Infinity







Simple Miniature Games - demo of new big-skirmish version of Malifaux  



Surprised Stare Games/Abbeywood Irregulars - WW2 using Mission Command rules




Wargames Terrain Workshop - SciFi gladiatorial combat




Crewe & Nantwich Wargaming Club - Battle of Aughrim (Williamite wars)




Bad Squiddo Games - War Peegs and colouring in







Archon Studio - Chronicle X (wasn't listed in guide)
 


Warbases - All For One - Three (Four?) Musketeers




Gripping Beast - Saga and Swordpoint

 




Wargames Association of Reading - Mammoth Hunt



Skirmish Wargames - Mag Force 7, We Deal In Lasers, Friend





Crooked Dice - 7TV Apocalypse





Weymouth Levellers - Pieces of Eight pirate game
 


Warploque Miniatures - Arcworlde




Micro Art Studios - Wolsung




Newbury & Reading Wargames Society - Battle of Heracleon




Goblin King Games - Monsoon






Well, that's it for today's post. Stay tuned for more pics of games tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for the ton of effort to get these taken and then putting them up - enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. I think you caughta couple of games I think I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good pics, a lot of folk online have been complaining about the games at Salute this year, your pics seem to show some lovely games!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting your pictures it's appretiated by people like me who couldn't attend.
    Some interesting games!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoyed this report. Some games I have not (as yet) seen on others blogs, Tremendous stuff well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for photographing our game Death Match, wish I had known I would have said hello in person

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting Simon. I especially like the photos of Boudicca vs Romans and Dave`s sci-fi Gladitorial table set up. It was almost like being at Salute in person seeing so many cool photos.

    Now that I`m finally able (space and time wise) to get to enjoying fantasy once again, I can get back to all the blogs I`ve not been keeping up with (a whole years worth, wow). Love my historical games, but I have really missed the other side of the hobby too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops, Wargamig Girl I mean. Dunno why I wrote Simon.

      Delete
  8. Nice pics Tamsin. Did you get to play any of the games?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Norm - you're welcome :)

    @ Lee - cheers! There were a few games that it would have been easy to miss :)

    @ Herkybird - thanks! As I said, not as many "stand out" tables this year, but not many crap ones :)

    @ Captain Darling - you're welcome! :)

    @ Clint - cheers! :)

    @ Dave Stone - you're welcome! I don't think I've seen pics of your game on any of the blogs that I follow, Hope you had a good show :)

    @ Steve G - no worries! Glad to be of service with all the pics :)

    @ Ray - thanks! :)

    @ Carl - cheers! Sadly, no - too many other commitments to get onto games :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for doing these updates. The variety of games looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete