About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 15 March 2018

Thursday Workbench 15 March

I have made a start on the first batch of figures for the "common warriors". I haven't got as far as I'd like as I've been feeling knackered on getting home from work the past few nights. Hopefully I'll be able to make up for that with some solid painting sessions this weekend and get them finished.



As you can see, I've gone with a variety of blue shades as the base for their kilts. These will be getting patterns added later on  some with just white borders to the panels, some with coloured panels.

It's going to be a couple of weeks until I have all 84 figures for this batch completed, so I'll be doing midweek "workbench" posts as well as the usual Sunday ones.



4 comments:

  1. I have found some pictures of Philistine (or Pelaset) warriors
    Just Google Image 'Philistine art'and you get pictures showing colours, and a standard Caananite 2 man 2 horse chariot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edit, Google Image the 'Philistine culture museum' which is in Ashdod. Well worth a visit for Philistine affectionadoes

      Delete
  2. Looks good. Hope you get to rest this weekend.
    Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Herkybird - thanks for those links! :)

    @ Whisk - cheers and boogie-boogie! :)

    ReplyDelete