Well, I've had another crappy week of being knackered as hell when I got home from work. Then last night the cold which had been niggling away in the background came on full blast. Which put paid to my plan of going to Colours today.
During the week, I didn't get any work done on the various cars, but I have made up for that today. The inserts got varnished (satin, then gloss over the "windows". The bodies got sprayed with their top colour, then I tried chipping them. And made an almighty mess on some of them taking it down to the painted metal coat. The rust colours only showed through on a couple of them, so I went over them with the rust paint in the places where there should have been chipping. I think that the problem was that it had been so long since I did the hairspray coats and it had set hard.
After that I painted the details, did another gloss coat and assembled them. After that they got a mud/dust spray and a final coat of varnish (matt with a small amount of Klear added).
And here are the finished cars:
Mud Bug -- Mid-sized, Heavy chassis, Off-Road Active suspension, Sport power plant, Fire Extinguisher, 4 Fireproof Off-Road Puncture-Resistant tires, Driver w/TC and BA, Light Laser Front, Vulcan Machine Gun Front, Smokescreen Back, Airdam, Link (LL, SS), Link (SS, VMG), Fireproof Plastic Armor: F35, L30, R30, B35, T16, U10, Gear Allocation: [7 lbs.], Acceleration 10, Top Speed 130, HC 3 (4 @60mph), 5273 lbs., $29312
I think that tomorrow I'll crack on and do the weapons for the Fast 4WDs, to finally get them out of the way.