About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 17 July 2021

Paint Table Saturday 17 July

 


The swamp terrain bases are close to being finished. The tree bases for them are also almost finished - I just need to add some large ferns:


The terrain bases had swamp gunk added yesterday morning. It had dried by late evening, so I painted in the water areas. This afternoon I airbrushed a couple of coats of gloss varnish on the water areas and allowed that to dry for a couple of hours. I then mixed up some water effects:


I had to make a second batch to do all of the water areas. Luckily I had remembered how many drops of the green and umber washes I'd added:


I also added in some palm leaves and bits of twigs.

The water effects should be fully cured by the time I return from a few days on Dartmoor.

1 comment:

  1. The water effects turned out really well on the swamp bases Tamsin

    ReplyDelete