About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 2 May 2020

Paint Table Saturday 02 May


The horses for the mounted elements of my wars of the roses army are taking a bit longer to paint than I'd anticipated, but I'm almost there.

I've finished painting the unarmoured horses:




I've also made good progress on the armoured horses:



If all goes well I should finish painting them tomorrow, then it will be onto the riders. The horses don't have much left to do - painting the leather parts, the saddle-cloths and plumes and highlighting of the metal, then final washes to tie things together.



9 comments:

  1. I wish I had your dedication to painting, all this Sars Covid-19 inactivity has sapped my painting mojo.
    Nice work on the caparisons by the by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And very nice they look too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! You are a painting machine currently, Tamsin. What an amazing output!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All coming along nicely Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Herkybird - cheers! :)

    @ Ray - thanks! :)

    @ Simon - cheers! :)

    @ Michael A - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking very smart. Lots of people painting Wars of the Roses stuff at the moment. I have never been brave enough to take on cavalry yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I blue my eyes, they look like decorated cupcakes. Or, fairy cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quality and quantity of your work astounds me, Tamsin. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Legatus - thanks! I think that a large part of why I took so long getting around to this army was dread at the prospect of painting 28mm horses and all that armour. Luckily I got a practice run for the horses when I did my fantasy barbarian warband a couple of months ago. :)

    @ Whisk - your mind works in mysterious ways! :D

    @ Curt - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete