About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 21 August 2019

Wednesday Workbench 21 August



With the SYW Russians out of the way and having not started another project, I decided to get the new metal figures prepped, based and primed. The prep was done on Monday, the basing yesterday and priming today. That's 42 foot, 1 gun and 12 wolves ready to go.

One of the Artizan packs I'd bought was the Commando Special Weapons. The two snipers can be used as is with my Paras (they are in Denison smocks), the flamethrower chap can't be used with them but the figure I was really after was the chap with the Vickers K gun which can be used for Recce Squadron (they did dismount some of the guns from their jeeps). As he is in battledress, I needed to do a little bit of green-stuff work to change him to wearing Denison. Here's a pic before the the figure was primed (and before a bit of cleaning up):




It's not the best sculpting, but it will do. I had added some green-stuff to change the Bergen to a standard webbing pack, but something weird happened overnight and the next morning it had "melted" so i scraped it off again. It shouldn't really matter as the Recce were known to acquire various bits of non-standard kit.


I've decided to start with the wolves tomorrow, to get them out of the way. After that I'll make a start on the Paras - first up will be the 1st Corps and Warlord figures so that I can try out the paint schemes before I paint the figures I'll be keeping for myself.

3 comments:

  1. Great conversion, and scouts are always an excellent addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the sculpting Tamsin, and a fair amount of prep work done I would say

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Dartfrog - thanks! Scouts? Oh, you mean the Recce Squadron chaps :)

    @ Dave Stone - cheers! It's a reasonable amount of prep :)

    ReplyDelete