About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 3 June 2018

Sunday Workbench 03 June



Just a quick update. I got the basing work done on the first two batches of Aussies today.



I'll be taking them into work tomorrow to spray with matt varnish during a break.

Last night I got all the base colours and first washes done on the next batch. Today I've got most of the highlighting done on them - just the khaki left to do.


I should get the highlighting, final washes and Klear coat done tomorrow, then the basing on Tuesday. Phew! I seem to be cranking them out quite nicely now.

5 comments:

  1. Ach! It's been too long since I swung by. These Aussies are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rate of work leaves recreate of us quite breathless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done. I checked out the "Diggers" range from brigade Games and at most you would have two Thompson SMGs in the set accompanied by two OWens SMGs. Good for much later, less good for 1942.
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Admiral Drax - thanks! :)
    It's been a while since I've looked in on your blog - I'll have to remember to do that :)

    @ Lee - cheers! :)

    @ Michael A - thank you! Oh, you mean the figures! ;)

    @ Jerry - cheers! :)
    I did take a look for myself and that was an issue. I also suspect (given past experience with some of their ranges) that they would be noticeably smaller than the Eureka, Artizan and Warlord figures.

    ReplyDelete