About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 17 June 2018

(Not Quite) Finished 28mm: 28mm Aussie Jungle Fighters #4



And another batch are finished. If I hadn't added so many extra figures since I started I'd be almost finished. However, with all of the additional figures I've purchased (speaking of which, the figures I ordered from Wartime Miniatures arrived on Thursday - a week to ship in from Australia) I've got a few more batches to paint up.

But on with the pics of the batch I've just (not quite) finished.

3" Mortar Team








Junior Leaders





I was originally planning to have junior leaders (corporals) mounted on 25mm round bases and mark them somehow to make them easily identifiable, but realised that might be a bit tricky. Instead I have decided to mount them on 25mm square bases. Of course, being about halfway through it means that a lot of the SMG toting figures are already on 25mm round bases so some of my corporals will have rifles instead.


Grunts







This weekend I've done a bunch of priming - the Militia figures and all the Wartime Miniatures figures.

I've also made a good start on the next batch of figures:


Just a couple more basecoats to do before a thinned Strong Tone wash and they'll be ready for highlighting. I should get them to that point tonight.

8 comments:

  1. I will second that cool
    They have a lovely look of "Aussie attitude"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! I always have 'Purchase creep' when getting new figures!
    For 'What a Tanker' I planned to get about 10 little tanks...the count is now 32!
    The Aussies definitely have a nice natural look...I approve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best Aussies I've ever seen! Great job, Tamsin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Mortar Team. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Tamsin, The force is coming together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Martin C - cheers! :)

    @ Geordie - thanks! :)

    @ Herkybird - cheers! Yup, project creep :)

    @ Jerry - thanks! :)

    @ Lee - cheers! :)

    @ Michael A - thanks! :)

    @ Simon Q - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete