I might have forgotten to mention that I'd booked yesterday and today as annual leave. Of course, that has given me plenty of time for painting more Aussies.
I finished painting the 6th batch yesterday afternoon, and got most of the basing done last night. This morning I dry-brushed the bases and matt varnished them. If they are looking a bit dirtier than previous batches, that's because I'm on a new bottle of Strong Tone which seems a bit thinner than the last bottle. That could be because the old bottle was about 5 years old and some of the water may have evaporated over time. I'm starting to get used to the new batch.
Anyway, enough blather, on with the pics!
Senior Leader, Radio, Bren
|TAG, Warlord, Eureka|
|Eureka, Artizan, TAG|
|Warlord, TEG, Warlord|
The Chindits for The Assault Group seem to fit in quite nicely with the Aussies.
I've started work on the next batch - all the base colours are done. I took photos of them before the first Strong Tone wash:
This batch includes the first of the Foundry and Wartime Miniatures figures. For this batch and the next two, I'm using pairs of greens which I haven't used so far. That actually seems to have made things a little quicker as I'm only switching between two greens rather than three.
This batch will actually give me all the support options I need for now - a second light mortar team and a medic. The Major Lumley figure will probably be used as the adjutant.
I also did some priming:
These are some loose rifles, Tommy guns, packs and pouches from The Assault Group. I'll mostly be adding these to the bases of support weapon teams
And that's not all - I spent an hour or so today making tufts:
I still need to make some more sheets up, but those will be of very long (10mm) grass. I'll probably do that at the weekend.