About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Thursday 15 February 2018

Finished: 15mm Ming Chinese Heavy Horse Archers Unit #2



And the second unit of heavy cavalry for the Ming Chinese rolls off the table, onto the blog and into the box file.

After Tuesday evening being a wash-out I was able to catch up a bit this morning as my boiler was having its annual service. I managed to get the final detailing, varnishing, popping off sticks and gluing onto bases done before I headed to work. This evening I got the basing done.





A couple of close-ups to show detail:



I'm going to make a start on finishing the third heavy cavalry unit now and hope to finish painting them tomorrow. With a fair wind, I might manage to get them based up on Saturday before I head off to Sussex.

6 comments:

  1. Wow those are very nice :)
    Nice work on the tone and highlights
    They have a lot of character

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Ms Piper. Miss your posts on the challenge this year, but your comments are always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Love the mix of horse colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Geordie - thanks! :)

    @ Ray - cheers! :)

    @ Peter - thanks! I am missing taking part this year, but if I had done I'd probably have pushed myself too hard and made my fatigue worse :)

    @ Swelter - cheers! I like to use a mix of shades for my horses :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work, Tamsin. When my Chinese cavalry grow up, they want to look just like yours! At the moment, I'm settling for suggestions of detail, rather than actual detail :-)

    https://pigsinspaaace.wordpress.com/2022/10/20/dba-3-0-tibetans-wip/

    Regards, Chris

    ReplyDelete