About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 20 July 2022

Wednesday Workbench 20 July 2022

 


She's finished! Well, the printing of her at least. OK, and maybe the re-printing of a few parts. the smaller bits are the rear cargo bay ramp and the landing gear bay doors - I'm leaving those off for the moment.

I took the last set of prints off the printer late on Monday morning, then switched the printer off for the rest of our "heatwave" to remove one source of additional heating in my flat.


Removable sections removed

Clearer shot of the landing gear in "down" state

Top-down view of main section

View of the bridge/cockpit

View of cargo bay

Upper and main engineering sections

View of crew commons/galley

View of rear cap

Now that the heatwave has passed I have switched my printer back on and run some calibration models to check my flow percentage. It seems that I need to reduce it to about 86-87%; I'd been running at 98% which probably explains why I'd had issues with some prints not fitting properly. 

As for the half-tracks and StuG, I haven't touched them since Saturday - I woke up late on Sunday and didn't feel like painting; Monday and Tuesday were just too hot for painting and today was spent recovering. However, I should be able to make a start on the hand-painted parts tomorrow.

In other news, the correct pack of MG42 figures arrived today:

Definitely not Aztecs!






8 comments:

  1. The ship looks great Tamsin, are you going to do the reprints, or just fix the ones you have ? Good to see the relevant models are now in your hands, and can fully understand not painting through the heat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I decided to reprint - the originals can be used to test paint schemes. :)

      Delete
  2. That ship looks fantastic, especially the insides! Plenty of room to fight boarding actions, or for a party of adventurers to investigate!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There's not that much room inside, but it is playable. :)

      Delete
  3. What an amazing thing! I think I need to investigate this 3D printing lark a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was about a month of printing, but a fun thing to have. Alas, now I've got to do all the filling, sanding, priming and painting which will probably take much more than a month! :)

      3D printers are very useful. If you're thinking about getting one, I'd advise going along to a local maker space to see if they have any courses and to work out what printer(s) would be best for your needs.

      Delete