About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 16 May 2021

Finished: Wasteland Hills

 


After doing my "Paint Table Saturday" post yesterday, I had this niggling feeling that something wasn't quite right with the hills. This morning, when I checked them against the rock formations I'd made last year, I realised what the problem was - I'd almost completely bleached out the orange tones. 

To correct that mistake, I initially gave them a wash of the orange paint. That helped, but didn't quite get the tone back. Once the wash was dry, I did three rounds of drybrushing, first with the orange, then more lightly with the peach highlight colour, then even lighter, brushing upwards with the orange again. That got them to a close enough match to the rock formations.

As you can see, I took photos before cleaning my paint table (I have since done that).













Next onto the paint table will be the remaining hills. I'm still trying to decide whether to do them as temperate or jungle.

10 comments:

  1. The final render is superb, great work on washing and drybrushing. They will look excellent in your games---well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They've turned out very nice. Superbly done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sensational terrain pieces. They look so good painted and shaded as you have.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hills look really good! I might need to do the same here real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Herkybird - cheers! :)

    @ Neil - thanks! :)

    @ Dave - cheers! :)

    @ James - thanks! :)

    @ Michael - cheers! Hills are always useful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely work as always!
    Where are those delightful cavalry on two-legged beasts from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)

      They're from Warlord's Strontium Dog game - the "Bubo and His Bad Boys" and "Mork Riders" packs.

      Delete
  7. Looking good! Got a great weathered look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! :)

      (I do hope the "weathered look" refers to the hills, not my good self!)

      Delete