About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 23 May 2021

Finished: The Hills Are Alive With The Sound Of Something

 


OK, not quite finished - I still need to add some jungle vegetation, but I thought I'd take some photos of the hills before I do that.


















Rocks and Grass

Last night I decided that I would carve and foil some more rocks:

The extras

The whole lot

I think I might have more than I need. Oh, well, never mind...

I've also cut one more brushload of kunai grass:


The first lot I cut were from a different type of brush and didn't produce quite as many clumps. I am going through quite a bit of superglue doing these - I'll have to restock tomorrow as I probably only have enough to do one more brush.

8 comments:

  1. I like the hills as they are, but sure once you've added the jungle vegetation they will still look excellent. Can one ever have too many rocks ! LOL
    The Kunai grass looks very good to

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dave, but why not do some rocks as grey with moss on and the rest as desert?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are excellent. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness me, they are absolutely superb!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Dave - thanks! I don't think one can have too many rocks; any I don't use for the jungle terrain can be used for other projects. :)

    @ Neil - cheers! :)

    @ Herkybird - the excess rocks will get used for other terrain projects. Not for my wasteland though as they have the wrong look. :)

    @ Jamie - thanks! :)

    @ James - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent. Love the groundwork you have done on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So much of the groundwork has ended up covered that I do wonder if the effort was worth it! :)

      Delete