About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 11 April 2021

Finished: US Para Rifle Squad 2

So, that's another  twelve figures finished in quick time.


Squad Sergeant:






LMG Team:




There seems to be a casting issue with the LMG assistant. On this one, the left foot seems to have been damaged; on the one from the other pack the left side of the face was miscast. I didn't notice the foot on this one until I came to paint the boots.

Rifle Team:






With the HQ Team, 60mm Mortar Squad and two Rifle squads painted that makes the whole of the first platoon, so here is a photo of them all together:



Before I move on to the second platoon, I've decided to paint up some support elements:



The front row are a tripod MG team; the back row includes a medic & casualty as a Jump Off Point marker, a sniper, a medic, an engineer with demolition charges and a radioman who will be a Forward Observer.


As it's my birthday today (the second in "lockdown") I'm taking things fairly easy and I won't have this batch of figures finished quite as quickly.



11 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great birthday Tamsin, and the first platoon looks excellent, the support elements sound great and look forward to seeing them done, once you've finished eating your Birthday cake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful and Happy Birthday. Your US paras look terrific and should make a nice force for table top play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Tamsin! Enjoy going shopping tomorrow as a reward for all your painting endeavors!- Great work in record time on Da Boyz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic work and Happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Ñ`ly painted, should look great on the table. Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Nice
    Band of Brothers would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really great, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look great Tamsin. What was the colour palette you used for Uniform and Ancills?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Dave stone - thanks! I had a nicely relaxed birthday. :)

    @ Jerry - cheers! I think they probably need another rifle squad as support to be playable - two rifle squads is a bit weak and doesn't give much in the way of manoeuvre elements. :)

    @ Herkybird - thanks! I'll wait a couple of days before hitting the shops - give the crowds a chance to die down a bit. :)

    @ Neil - cheers! :)

    @ Pancerni - thanks! :)

    @ Geordie - cheers! :)

    @ Peter - thanks! :)

    @ Carl - cheers! If you scroll back a couple of posts you will find my painting scheme for these. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again, I assume you don't mean 'Crowds die down' due to Covid? (LOL)

      Delete
    2. Ha-ha! Yup, perhaps not the best phrasing on my part! :) lol

      Delete