About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Tuesday 18 August 2020

Finished: Rock Around The Clock Tonight...


When I suggested that these might be finished yesterday I had forgotten to take into account the effect of temperature on drying times. When I produced the test pieces the ambient temperature was over 30C; it's now just over 20C resulting in longer drying times for glue and paint.

But they are done now, after much faffing around trying to replicate the colour scheme from the test pieces. I've got reasonably close I think:

Test piece in the middle

The paints used for these were all tester pots of matt emulsion paint from Wilko - Vintage Burgundy, Nutmeg Spice, Jelly Bean, Peach Blush and Soft Cream. I now have an 18l Really Useful Box full of terrain for Strontium Dog, which is more than enough to be going on with (OK, maybe a few small scatter pieces of rock could get added at some point).

While I'm still prepping the figures for my "Infamy, Infamy!" project I will be carrying on with making terrain - I need to make up several pieces of woods and marsh. And then a few small fields and habitation (I'll need to get all the resin prepped and painted for those though).





10 comments:

  1. They look fabulous Tamsin, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on all Tamsin, the variation between them gives them a more natural feel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Tamsin! Always great to find uses for foam so it doesn't end up in a landfill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Neil - thanks! :)

    @ Michael A - cheers! :)

    @ Ray - thanks! :)

    @ Dave Stone - cheers! :)

    @ Terry - thanks! These were blue craft foam, and only the small bits on top of a few of them were scrap from cutting the main bits. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, I've had some luck getting that good foam from construction sites, where I've asked if I could snag the larger cast off bits for the hobby. They are usually pretty good to say yes

      Delete
  5. Those are quite as good as I expected them to be, and well worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Herkybird - cheers! :)

    @ Paul SS - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete