About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 12 August 2020

Finished: Hills



I should really have posted this yesterday, but forgot. Oh, well, only a day late.

As you can see, I now have a bunch of hills of various sizes to use for various games. Some of the smaller ones might be a little steep, but that's OK with me.


I also made a few small rock formations for my Strontium Dog terrain collection. These were test pieces to see how the colour scheme and carving would work. I reckon they've come out quite nicely.


All in all, not bad for a couple of days' work in this heat. Now that the rock formation tests are done, I'll be making up a few larger pieces over the next few days. I just need to get a couple more tester pots of the base colour.


6 comments:

  1. Really like those rock formations. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool hills, especially the rocky outcrops. Cheers Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that rock colour is pretty spectacular, go for it Tams!
    Steep sided hills are the bane of all gamers, watching your minis roll off is frustrating, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Tamsin, if they work for you that's all that matters

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ marinergrim - thanks! :)

    @ Greg - cheers! :)

    @ Herkybird - thanks! The steep ones may get reserved for use with multi-based 15mm figures - the low centre of gravity should help prevent them toppling. :)

    @ Neil - cheers! :)

    @ Dave Stone - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete