All that time they have been taking up all the space on my workbench, so I haven't been able to work on anything else. Well, not quite - I have prepped the extra Artizan and Crusader Paras and prep the bases for the SYW Russians.
But they're done now. Well, the first batch - I've got a similar quantity still to do. I guess you want some pics.
|41.5 feet of hedges|
|15mm figures behind one of the taller sections|
OK, so they're not prize-winning, super-realistic hedges. But they are good enough for club terrain which will see a lot of use and abuse. Tomorrow I'll have to buy some storage for them.
Making these has been a useful experience and has made me think about how I can improve the process. These are my initial thoughts:
* precoat the scourers with a mix of PVA and brown paint before cutting the strips
* "untidy" the scourer strips before sticking them onto the tongue depressors
* add the texture mix to the tongue depressors before sticking down the scourer strips
* stick the scourer strips down using brown caulk while the texture mix is still wet
* use the PVA/paint mix to stick the flock - might need to lighten the flock mix as the paint could darken it
* find a spray bottle that will work with the PVA/matte medium mix