About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 19 July 2019

Friday Update 19 July

Well, that didn't quite go to plan. I left you ten days ago with the first batch of SYW Russians just needing touch-ups and highlighting. I ended up not touching them again until today. They are done now, and varnished with just the standards to be painted.

I've also made a good start on the next batch:


As you can see, I've pulled out all the sticks with command figures and will be painting them as a group. The next batch after this will be some musketeers to for the rear ranks of the command bases. By doing this I will be able to field regiments with the correct standards for the Kunersdorf game, even if I haven't got all the musketeers painted, just by swapping these command groups for the ones in existing regiments. Just in case.

There are a number of reasons why there was a long interruption to the painting. Primarily it was getting distracted by a bit of historical research, map-making, scenario planning, watching the Tour de France, reading...

I think I have got the distractions under control now and should be able to make good progress. Oooh! Squirrel!

9 comments:

  1. I am glad you are human, and have 'down times' from painting. I love your Russians!

    ReplyDelete
  2. been there, done that, still doing that, not the tour thing though

    ReplyDelete
  3. TdF usually means I go incommunicado for most of July as well :) Howver you have inspired me to get back into painting again - I'll probably try and do a low key attempt at the APC for the first time - should hopefully get one unit done throughout - I'm a slow painter at the best of times

    ReplyDelete
  4. always good to fully embrace the distractions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Russians and squirrels.......can't be bad?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Russians and squirrels.......can't be bad?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those distractions.......little necessary feckers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Herkybird - thanks! I have lots of downtimes from painting! :)

    @ Martin C - haven't we all? But why not the Tour? Surely you're not worried that seeing all those fit young men spinning their wheels will inspire you to "get on your bike"? ;)

    @ PanzerschreckDS - this year's TdF has been quite thrilling so far. Glad to have inspired! :)

    @ Michael A - it is, it i..squirrel! :)

    @ Ray - not bad at all! :)

    @ Fran - they are, they are! :)

    @ Dave Stone - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete