About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 3 March 2017

AHPC7 - Challenge Day 74 More SYW Russians WIP 11

Before sitting down to finish the infantry this evening, I added gunk to the generals' bases. There's a good reason for that which I'll explain later on:



I then cracked on and finished the infantry. Fortunately there wasn't a great deal to do - the flags and some final touch-ups:




I'll be varnishing them shortly. Later on tonight I'll get them stuck down on bases and if there's time once the superglue has dried I'll add the basing gunk. Otherwise, that will have to be added tomorrow morning.


Now, the explanation for why I added gunk to the generals' bases this evening is to ensure that I can submit something for Monday, as I might not get the infantry finished in time.

You see, the reason I was going down to Sussex this weekend was to visit my dad who had just come out of hospital. Unfortunately when I got home this evening I had a call from my sister who had just got back from work (she's staying with him while her house has it's electrics redone) and found that he had died at some point after she left for work. So now I'm going down to be together with my sister and brother.

It wasn't unexpected - he was treated for bladder cancer last year (the hospitalisation this week was for the follow-up to see if the surgery and chemo had got everything. It hadn't). He was also waiting for some heart valve surgery. Although we spoke on the phone a couple of times a week, the last time I saw him in person was at Christmas.

Of course, over the next few weeks I expect to be otherwise occupied, so these Russians might be my last entries in the Challenge. There's no internet at my dad's house, so I'll be incommunicado for a few days.

RIP Dad


11 comments:

  1. My greatest condolences Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of this sad loss for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss. GrahameH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Tamsin, please accept my heartfelt sympathies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so very sorry Tamsin. My sincerest condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very sorry for your loss. Condolence. Alessandro

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your messages of condolence - they are much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry Tamsin, I somehow missed this post. My condolences, having lost my mum a couple of weeks ago I understand your loss.

    Take care
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear of your loss Tamsin. Hope your OK (or as well as can be expected considering).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, I am so, so sorry about your dad. Its tragic when you lose a parent. I hope you are coping well, and get all the tough stuff relatives have to do after a death done easily
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete