I'm counting yesterday's test paints as Day One of the WIP for the Crusties.
I've been quite the busy bee today. Oh, did I forget to say? I've got 3 days off work this week - booked well in advance as I knew this would be a good point in the challenge to take them.
As I was happy with the paint scheme for the walkers and troops, I decided to crack on with them after watching a few episodes of Callan on YouTube - my thanks to Bob Cordery for inspiring that.
First into the painting line were the walkers. I made the decision to start with the biggest and most fiddly paintjobs first. Once the walkers themselves were painted I tried out a modification of the basing scheme. I think it looks OK, suitably alien.
All that's left to do with these is to varnish them - satin for the walkers, matt for the soil, gloss for the green rocks.
I've also made a start on the armoured infantry, getting the basecoats applied. I'll be doing the detailing tomorrow. If I get time after they're finished I will start work on the normal Crusty infantry and the scouts.