About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 26 April 2015

Salute 2015 - Post 3: The Lootz

Bleugh! The cold I thought I might be developing isn't a mere sniffle but a full-blown bug of yuckiness. That is going to set my plans back a bit.

But enough of that, you want my Salute Loot post.


The bits in the freebie bag - Agincourt longbowman, die and a fire arc template:


From Brigade Models - a building and two repair crews in different helmet types:


Perry 28mm plastic WotR light cavalry:


From Donnington Miniatures - 24 Bulgar cavalry (15mm):


From Figures in Comfort - some Litko hex flight bases and some 1.5" flight pegs:


Some Foundry figures and some Copplestone beat cops


From Northumbrian Tin Soldiers - the Night Folk teddy bears pack. I've got absolutely no use whatsoever for these, but they are cute and will be fun to paint!


I picked these rules up for pulp gaming:


Pre-order of Old glory 15 Koreans from Timecast. When I opened the package on getting home I found that 5 of the 8 packs were incorrect. I quickly spotted what must have happened - they'd accidentally picked Ming packs instead of the Koreans. I've sent them an email to try to get things sorted out.

The 5 incorrect packs

The 3 correct packs
From Essex - some reinforcements for my Seven Years War Russians. Enough for 2 regiments of musketeers, 2 of grenadiers, 2 cuirassiers, 2 hussars, 2 Cossacks,  2 more artillery pieces (plus limbers) and some more commanders:


From GZG:

Various accessories

NSL power armour reinforcements

Hover tanks, heavy APC and fan van

One each of the new merchant ships. The one on the right isn't released yet, but Jon knew I'd want it so he had brought one to the show for me.

On top of these, I also came away with some freebies.

Ashley (Paint It Pink) had won these in a prize draw, but as she doesn't do 15mm now she gave them to me as a birthday gift. That was very nice of her - thank you m'dear! :)

Some UNSC Light Infantry

Some grav vehicles

Four 25mm power armour troops. I'll need to check the GZG site to find out which ones they are.
At the meet-up Loki was handing out some figures to people who'd taken part in the 2013/14 Analogue Painting Challenge. Kawe (Westfalia Miniatures) had done a limited edition run of this figure and donated one for each Challenge participant. The figure is of the Empress Maria Theresia.


As a thank you for helping out with his Agincourt game, Damian from Donnington Miniatures gave each of us a packet of the new Hundred Years War casualties. I got a French pack.



That was certainly a lot of loot to haul back home. I'm glad that I'd invested in a backpack that converts to a trolley-case as I'd have had difficulty carting it home otherwise.


22 comments:

  1. That's a very nice (and large!) haul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great and eclectic mix of goodies - good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An awesome day out! Nice loot haul. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got some of those GZG hover tanks. Really nice sculpts and with good solid feel to them. Interested to see what you do with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul there. Really like the Night Folk teddy bear pack and you've more Pulp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say you're set for the rest of the year but knowing you're just getting started. .45 Adventure is a great game its perfect for Gangster shanaggins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an excellent haul of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There be a lot of lead in that shopping bag! Nice haul of goodies Tamsin. Sorry your feeling unwell again (get better soon lass).

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness what sort of vehicle did you use to cart all that home? All sorts of painting fun ahead. Wonder if the Teddy bears turn into a project?

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very impressive haul - I wonder how many will need to wait until next year's challenge to be painted?

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice haul, Tamsin! You'll get to be like Arnold the Guvenator toting all that lead! Probably switch to plastics and more reps to build definition! ;)
    Hope you get feeling better from the creeping crud!
    I add a slash of coffee in Irish Cream, it doesn't cure the crud but it does raise morale! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice haul, Tamsin! You'll get to be like Arnold the Guvenator toting all that lead! Probably switch to plastics and more reps to build definition! ;)
    Hope you get feeling better from the creeping crud!
    I add a slash of coffee in Irish Cream, it doesn't cure the crud but it does raise morale! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tamsin,
    First, I hope that you are not too much under the weather with the cold you were describing. Your collection of loot obviously was spurred by a continuation of the celebration of your 21st (Ahem....) birthday and looked wonderful. It will be a pleasure to see these new additions as you apply brush and paint...particularly the 25 mm ones!
    Best regards for a wonderful spring time.
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Tamsin, nice loot and the idea of having a trolley thingy bagpack is one thing to remember. I wish I had one.It was nice to see you and all the others again.
    For the cold use my old trusty recipe.......a glass of hot rum with a tiny bit of tea...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought you said you wasn't going to splash the cash???

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome loot post. I must get those teddies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you all like the lootz! :)

    @ Millsy - they'll be done in the same style as the ones I painted in the Challenge :)

    @ Anne - well, I thought I might as well have some cops from each range for Salutesville's finest! ;)
    The teddy bears were just too cute to resist :)

    @ Robert - this haul might last me until the next Challenge ;)

    @ David C - I had a backpack that converts to a wheelie case :)

    @ Miles - I'm hoping to get through most of these before the next Challenge :)

    @ David B - "Hasta la vista........baby"! ;)

    @ Jerry - thanks! :)

    @ Markus - it was good to see you again too :)

    @ Ray - but I didn't spend much cash on the day! OK, that's mostly to do with having pre-paid for most of the stuff I picked up :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Look like you got a nice haul of loot! I've seen copies of .45 Adventure in our local game stores and have been toying with the idea of picking it up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I imagine you had to pay excess baggage fees for all that lead.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A great haul indeed Tamsin! I'm delighted that you received your Maria Teresa from the Challenge - good on Loki for that.

    ReplyDelete