About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 5 November 2022

Paint Table Saturday 05 November 2022


 There has been a little bit of painting done this week. One bit will get posted tomorrow or Monday, the other you will have to wait for - it's a gift for someone who might read this blog and I don't want to spoil the surprise.


3D Printing

I mentioned that I'd been doing some test prints. These (the items on the front left) have shown that I can increase the speed to 60mm/s without any problem. I did try printing at 80mm/s but that seems to have been too fast. Now I need to test whether I can increase the acceleration value. I did test a higher acceleration at 80mm/s - the results were worse, but I want to check if that is also the case at 60mm/s.

For the 28mm spaceships, increasing the print speed to 60mm/s will save me 10-25% on the time required; increasing the acceleration will save another 10-15%. Now that I'm more confident with my printer I'm happy putting multiple items on the same print bed which should save a bit more time.

I've printed a couple of dice towers this week to see how they come out.


This month's freebies for Tribe members from 2nd Dynasty included two 28mm starfighters:

Starfire:



Talon Interceptor:



I've been having some issues with the printer for the last week or so - "zits" and nasty stringing. I suspect that the fix I did a couple of months ago when I had similar problems hasn't lasted. I've ordered (and received) a replacement hot-end which I plan to fit tomorrow. At the same time I ordered a better fan for the processor board which will also get fitted tomorrow - the one that comes installed is an el cheapo job that is very noisy when the printer starts to heat up (it only seems to do that when the ambient temperature is under 25C or so; it was fine during the summer!).

4 comments:

  1. Some interesting looking new prints Tamsin, and hope the new parts help the process

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The starfighters are nice models and you can play around with them to an extent, swapping out weapons, engines etc - they're from a modular system.
      As for the parts - fingers crossed! :)

      Delete
  2. I like the printed starfighters, very Star Wars like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look as though they might have been built a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. :)

      Delete