About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Wednesday 29 June 2022

Wednesday Workbench 29 June 2022

 


I'm waiting for the extra figures I ordered from The Assault Group to arrive, but decided to crack on and start painting a couple of the support options. 


There are two tripod MG42 teams (minus two crew - I don't currently have enough kneeling/prone chaps), a forward observer and a Panzerschreck guy. I should have the painting finished tomorrow, then I'll get them varnished on Friday. 

After these, I will probably do the HQ (senior leader and Panzerschreck team) and junior leaders for the main platoon. 


3D Printing

I think I've got the printer and the slicer profiles about as good as I'm going to get them, so I've started work on printing the big project - a 28mm 100 Ton Type S Scout Courier from Traveller:


That's the first two steps done (there are thirty four printing steps, some quite big, some quite small), covering the front half of the ship. When it's complete, it will be about 26 inches long and 12 inches wide. From what I've been told, it will use up about 2.5kg of filament. I reckon it will take about 4-5 weeks to print the whole ship. 

6 comments:

  1. Nice work on the Germans Tamsin, and that should be a very impressive ship when it's all done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The ship is going to be a bit of a beast when it's finished! :)

      Delete
  2. The ship is impressive. The Germans are coming along nicely as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! If you're impressed with the ship now, just wait until it's complete! :)

      Delete
  3. That ship is going to be amazing!

    and in two years I have only used 2.5kg of filament so you are going fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be a big beast when it's done! Once I've finished printing it, my filament usage should drop down for a while as I'll just be printing the odd, small item...until the next big project of course! :)

      Delete