About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 26 June 2022

Finished: 28mm Waffen SS Test Figures

 


Well, almost finished - They'll need a bit more work on the bases (particularly the Jump Off Point one), decals to be added and maybe some touch-ups.


Uniform Test




The second highlights came out a bit "chalky" and both highlights lose a bit too much of the green. That could be because I added too much Light Grey and Sky Grey to the uniform base colour. I might try another figure using Stone Grey instead.


Autumn Oak Leaf Camo

Barrel snapped during prep, so using for a JOP marker



Overall, I'm happy with the colours. Perhaps the base colour could be a bit lighter (it was German Camo Pale Brown, highlighted by adding Buff). I also need to practice my "dotting".


Spring Oak Leaf Camo and Helmet




I definitely need to practice my "dotting"! Overall, happy; same thoughts about the base. For the helmet, the colour looks about right; same goes for the rest of the equipment, although I may have over-highlighted the yellow of the Panzerfaust.

All three figures are from Artizan.



6 comments:

  1. Great stuff, the Oak Leaves figures are fantastic, I think you have got it right, my girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great Tamsin! The one thing about the Germans, they had lots of uniforms to choose from & as the war dragged on the quality changed, so a multitude of colours & hues isn't a bad thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I did consider doing a multitude of patterns - Palm Tree, Plane Tree, Oak Leaf, etc - but decided to keep things a little simpler and just do the two versions of oak leaf. :)

      Delete
  3. Great looking figures Tamsin, and all three variations look good to me.

    ReplyDelete