About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 15 January 2022

Paint Table Saturday 15 January 2022

 


As you can see, there's quite a bit going on on my workbench at the moment. My Warbases order arrived yesterday afternoon, so I set about cutting magnetic sheet to size and sticking it onto the bases I need. 

I'd finished the Germans during the day, including all the varnishing. With the bases sorted, I popped the figures off the sticks (and was pleasantly surprised when none of them broke at the ankles), sorted them out by pose and then into groups for basing, then finally glued them onto their bases.

This morning I added sand to the bases, then left them on top of a radiator to dry and harden. This evening I've applied a sealing coat of 10% matte medium and returned them to the top of the radiator. they should be ready for drybrushing and adding static grass tomorrow.

Rather than sit around idle while the basing was drying, I decided to start on the next squad of Japanese infantry:


There isn't much left to do on them, but I don't think they will quite be finished in time to submit this week.

While the various washes were drying on them, I decided to assemble and prime a couple of MDF buildings which I had previously popped off their sprues. 


One of them will be part of a submission later in the Challenge, but getting them done to this point now will save me rushing later on.

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear your bases arrived n time Tamsin, and while waiting your almost through another unit, and well into getting multiple buildings done too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a relief when they turned up in time for me to use them! :)

      Delete
  2. You certainly put yourself through the mill when doing these challenges don't you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy them though, and I'd probably be doing much the same anyway! :)

      Delete