About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 1 January 2022

Paint Table Saturday 01 January 2022


 I'm sure there's something I'm meant to say, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is.

"Perhaps if you look at the post title, you dimwit!"

Hmmm, oh yes, it's been a little while, but I've decided to restart my Paint Table Saturday posts.

"You really are a dimwit! Look at the date!"

Nah, can't see it. I'm sure it will come to me later.

In the meantime, I guess I'd better talk about what's on the workbench right now. First of all the tanks:


You might recall that I'd painted one tank with the three-colour-plus-yellow-stripes pattern. I've since ascertained that the two Ha-Go tanks used during the Milne Bay campaign had what appears to be two-tone camo, most likely khaki and green. So, the first tank was re-primed when I primed the second tank. 

Today I've been using the airbrush to do the camo scheme on them, followed by a very light dry-brush to highlight the sharp edges.Since taking the photo above I have started on the non-airbrush work. I should have them just about finished tomorrow.

"Oh, come on! Surely you've figured it out by now?"

Nah, still not go it.

I've also based and primed all the Warlord and Eureka additions, but forgot to take photos.

Yesterday, the FOO pack from warlord arrived. I got them prepped this morning, stuck them on the base and added texture gunk:


The orange-ish bits you can see on the figures are just an odd reflection from something - I checked when I saw the photo and they are clean.

And I've finally remembered what it is I was meant to say...

"Thank heavens for that! Took you long enough, you dimwit!"


Happy New Year everyone! May your 2022 not be 2020 II.

6 comments:

  1. Ha! Great pun at the end!
    Lovely work on those Japanese tin cans with guns! - they will surely need some infantry support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the tanks Tamsin, and happy new year to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the look of those tanks and a very Happy New Year to you too Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you too.

    Cute little tanks, makes me think of Girls Und Panzers. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Tamsin! Heres looking forward to more of your excellent posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Herkybird - cheers! They will have plenty of infantry support! :)

    @ Dave - thanks! :)

    @ Michael - cheers! :)

    @ Ashley - thanks! Well, us girls do like our panzers! :)

    @ Terry - cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete